- Filling in facial lines, creases, and wrinkles, such as those that appear between the eyes, around the mouth, and across the forehead
- Augmenting the chin and cheekbones
- Adding volume to the lips
Fat transfer gives our San Jose and Palo Alto patients a natural, lasting alternative to dermal fillers, improving wrinkles, lips, superficial scars, and other facial concerns. It also can be used to give women and men full, rounded buttocks for a more attractive and proportioned physique.
To learn more about fat transfer, request your consultation with Dr. Hoffman, a board-certified, Stanford-trained plastic surgeon, or call him at (650) 325-1118 (Palo Alto) or (408) 292-1118 (Los Gatos) to schedule your appointment.
Before & After Photos
You'll be inspired. See some of the impressive results attained by Dr. Hoffman's actual cosmetic surgery patients.View Photos
Fat Transfer Procedure
Fat transfer uses excess fat collected from one area of the body to enhance the appearance of another. Dr. Hoffman uses liposuction to harvest excess fat from areas like the hips, thighs, or abdomen. He then purifies the fat and places it in the targeted areas. Although the body usually absorbs a significant amount of the transferred fat, the remaining fat can last for years.
Many patients who visit us for liposuction choose fat transfer to achieve additional improvements. During your private consultation, Dr. Hoffman will listen to your cosmetic goals and develop a customized plan that is right for you.
Improving Facial Features
In the same way he uses dermal fillers like Restylane® and Radiesse®, Dr. Hoffman safely uses fat transfer to improve a variety of facial features, including:
Fat transfer is also chosen by many face lift patients as a way to maintain or enhance their results.
Enhancing the Body
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure that fills out the upper portion of the buttocks using fat transfer to produce a fuller, more lifted look. This procedure is popular with both women and men who have lost volume due to weight loss or who have always wanted to reshape and enhance their rear end.
Using fat-grafting for natural breast augmentation in San Jose produces subtle changes in breast volume, usually the difference of about 1 cup size. Fat is taken from an area where there is extra to spare, providing the added benefit of removing unwanted fat from one spot while enhancing your natural curves in another.
Recovery and Results
After your fat transfer, both the enhanced areas and the harvested areas are often sore, swollen, and bruised initially. Most patients who improve facial features with fat transfer do not require downtime and can return to their normal daily activities, including work, almost immediately. Buttock enhancement patients require a longer recovery that make take about a week.
Improvements from the initial treatment usually last up to 6 months. Over the first few months about 65% of the transferred fat will be reabsorbed by your body; however, the remaining 35% will stay in place for years before it is gradually reabsorbed as well.
Cellulaze™ Cellulite Treatment
Cellulaze is a new cellulite treatment that actually works!