As you search for the best plastic surgeon in Palo Alto, CA, there are a few qualifications you should be looking for:
- Board certification: Your surgeon should be a board-certified plastic surgeon, which means they are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only plastic surgery board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Exceptional education: Education at prestigious institutions signals a commitment to excellence. I’m proud to have studied at institutions such as Stanford University Medical Center, where I’ve served as an adjunct clinical faculty member for more than 20 years.
- Outstanding before-and-after photos: In plastic surgery, results speak for themselves. You can see examples of my work in my own before-and-after photo gallery.
- Glowing testimonials: Positive reviews from previous patients show that a surgeon has earned a reputation for excellence and patient satisfaction in their community.
- Leadership in the plastic surgery field: Exceptional plastic surgeons are committed to advancing the field through leadership roles and publications in professional journals or textbooks.
Beyond credentials, one of the most important qualities you can look for is the ability to listen and understand your unique goals with compassion. This may be difficult to judge without meeting a surgeon in person. A consultation is the perfect setting to get a feel for a surgeon’s personality, philosophy, and approach.